A segment is a specific group of users categorized based on their demographic or behavioral characteristics.
Segmentation is the key to personalization. By dividing users into segments, businesses can create more targeted and relevant messages that resonate with users' individual needs and preferences.
You can create and manage segments at Segments.
- 1.Name a segment
- 2.Choose filters and fill in the data
- 3.Add 'And' or 'Or' clause to combine the filters
- 4.Save your segment
Use filters, 'And' or 'Or' clauses to create a variety of segments.
- 'And' clause: Devices that meet all filters will be included in the segment
- 'Or' clause: Devices that meet any of the filters will be included in the segment
- User ID: Unique identifier you have assigned to your app or website users. This helps to segment the customers into registered users and non-registered users.
- Tags: A form of metadata that you can add to your customers, such as name, gender or VIP status.
- Time elapsed greater than
A push notification will be sent to devices that have added a product to their shopping cart 3 hours ago or more from the current point in time
- Expression used for an event that has occurred in the past
time elapsed greater than|
- Time elapsed less than
A push notification will be sent to devices whose subscription will expire within the next 168 hours from the current point in time
- Expression used for an event that will occur in the future
Subscription expiration time|
time elapsed less than|
You can view the number and the complete list of devices associated with each segment by clicking [···] > Devices. If you want to remove a segment, click [···] > Delete.
Segments update in real-time as data changes.